Movember – Science Behind the Mustache!
Every wonder what makes mustaches so cool? Here are a couple facts that might make the answer clear.
1. The origin of the word Mustache comes from the french word Moustache
2. Facial hair can grow at a rate of 1/2 inch a month
3. The hair above your lip is a fraction of all the hair on your body. There are about 5 million hair follicles on the body and the head has the most with about 1 million.
4. The protein, keratin, in hair makes it super strong. A strand can hold about 3 oz – making it stronger than Kevlar.
5. Studies show that, on average, a person with a mustache touches it 760 times a day.
6. The actual hair you see is dead – the living part is the root.
7. The oldest documented mustache was found in a painting in 300 B.C.